I was tossing around some ideas in my head on what to share with you today and this popped into my mind. I spent some time this weekend working on my new book so I had party and hosting on my brain. I hope you enjoy these tips and find use for them when you host your next gathering.
Planning a party? Apps or Hors D’oeuvres can make hosting much easier and you can still feel like a rock star. With a little planning and timely prep you can pull this party off without stress. Here are 9 tips to help you on your way to a memorable party.
Top 9 Tips for an Awesome Party
- Think – Before beginning any preparation, ask yourself: How many guests? Any allergies? What time will they arrive? Am I going hot or cold – or both?
- Watch the Temp – plan carefully so you can serve your cold food cold and your hot food hot. The same goes for your plates. Warm the plates in the microwave for 30 seconds before serving your hot dishes and shove some in the freezer for the cold dishes.
- Keep it Together – A pattern can be beneficial in serving the food. You will want to keep the cold appetizers together as well as the hot. A nice alternative is too serve warm dips that will still hold their flavor and texture as they cool down.
- Cheese Please – Cheese is still trendy and one of the more popular items at any appetizer party. If you go this route, aim for a nice variety and take time to pair the cheese with either bread , crackers or even some wine.
- Sweet Finish – Mini desserts will make you look like a HERO. Think of bite sized tarts, cupcakes, cheesecakes, squares and have lots on hand. People tend to go a little heavier on the bite sized desserts.
- Match Your Drinks – Drinks are an essential part to the party. Now they don’t have to be all alcoholic but take time in planning out the drinks and try to match the season with your drink. Example – winter party could feature warm cocoa spiked with baileys and cinnamon topped with homemade whipped cream where as a summer gathering may have a fresh watermelon spritzer with a hint of lime.
- Portion Control – I am always heavy on the food. I always prepare too much because my mother always taught me that leftovers are not the end of the world and you do not want to run out of food. With that said, I would allow 7-8 appetizers per person.
- Style – people love to eat dressed up food. Take the time and jazz it up for the “WOW” factor regardless of the crowd.
- Enjoy – Spend time with guests, have a laugh and enjoy yourself. Gatherings with friends and family are a great time to relax and be thankful for what you have.
So there you have a quick guide that you can use at your next party.