Happy Monday! I am going to keep this short and simple and let the chicken wing do the talking. If you didn’t already know – I love chicken wings! I try them everywhere I go to see if I can find the best chicken wing on earth. I love making them at home with different flavor combination to see what makes the best wing. When I was in Boston last year for the Healthy Living Summit I tried some wings at a restaurant called Wings Over. These were the best restaurant wings I have ever had in my 33 years of existence. Simply amazing and plump with great flavor.
For today’s wing I opted for a simple technique but one that never fails… especially in the summer. I cooked the wings dry both in the oven and on the grill and then coated them in the sauce to finish them off.
The sauce is killer. A combination of sweet Thai chili and hoisin sauce toned down with a little brown sugar if needed.
- Chicken Wings
- 1 1/2 Cups sweet thai chili sauce ( you can buy the sauce or make it yourself )
- 2 Tbsp. Hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment and place chicken wings in a single layer on pan
- Roast for about 45 minutes until they start getting brown – remove from heat and place in a large bowl
- Using a saucepan, add sweet thai chili, hoisin and place over a low heat. Continue stirring and let it warm through. Perform a quick test for heat and add sugar if you feel it is too spicy.
- Preheat grill to medium and place the chicken wings on the top grate to avoiding burning
- Cook until they become crispy and then remove and let rest for 2 minutes
- Toss the sauce over the chicken wings and coat evenly.
Zesty Tip: When making the sauce, use only a low heat because all ingredients contain sugar and they will burn very easily. Just bring it up to a light simmer and let it stay there while the wings are cooking. You will be happy.
The work week is upon us and June is coming. For all the folks in the US, Happy Memorial Day to you. I hope everyone has a great day and I will see you in June. Oh and these wings are crazy good. You should try them, if you don’t like chicken wings – at least try the sauce.