Can you really believe at how fast this week is flying by. It will be Jamaican time before I know it. Well I don’t want to bore you with all the Jamaica details but I am getting excited. It feels like such a rush to get everything done and not forget any chores or tasks.
I have been having a craving for some chocolate treats as of late and I have some really fun recipes to share with you that involve chocolate and caramels. Today’s recipe is a simple muffin gone chunky.
Talk about a treat for your mouth! These are not the healthiest muffin to eat but now come on….. nothing a dozen would ever hurt.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup light-brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chunks (can use chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line twelve muffin tins with the shells.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugars, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, stir together milk, eggs, butter, and vanilla until blended.
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients;Add milk mixture and stir just to combine.
- Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Now bake for 15-20 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in center of one muffin comes out clean.
- Remove muffin tin to wire rack.
- Cool for 5 minutes then turn out of muffin pan.
Zesty Tip: Use an ice cream scoop to fill the cups in the muffin pan. This will measure your batter equally for each muffin and avoid a mess.
Have a great day and don’t forget to send me your pictures in your zesty gear I am looking forward to seeing your pictures.