Help The Students Event: Day 18
Happy Friday! It is hard to believe that the end of the month is drawing so near. Does anybody else feel that September flew by? I cannot believe it. Lots of action over here so I guess that usually makes time fly. Alright, today I have a very special post! This recipe has been donated by a zesty in law and truly is a family favorite. In fact this recipe is by far one of the all time fav’s of a zesty niece ( The niece who really inspired me to start the help the students events ).
I have consumed this recipe many times and I must say it is super easy, very quick and the sauce always hits the spot. The combination of lemon and basil flavor the chicken and infuse a tremendous balance in your mouth. This recipe literally takes the amount of time it takes to boil some noodles in a pot. The sauce is completely done in the microwave, the chicken is sauteed on the cook top and the entire dish makes friends with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Take a look at the recipe and let me know what you think.
- 2 Chicken Breasts ( chopped )
- 1 Tbsp. Basil ( dried )
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. Soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Box Roitini Noodles
- Parmesan cheese ( grated )
- Salt ( for pasta water )
- Combine basil, olive oil, lemon juice and soy sauce in a large microwaveable dish
- In a medium sauce pan, cook pasta according to directions
- Heat saute pan over medium heat and begin to cook chicken until no longer pink. Once chicken is no longer pink, transfer to the sauce dish
- Heat on high in microwave for 2 minutes.
- Drain pasta noodles and plate. Serve chicken and sauce on the side or atop the noodles ( whichever you prefer )
- Top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Zesty Tip: If you have leftovers, keep the sauce separate from the noodles and reheat the sauce . Once the sauce has been warmed through you can put it on top of the noodle and reheat together. This will avoid the congealed texture from the sauce and keep the noodles from clumping together.
Hopefully you enjoyed this simple chicken dish. This is a great recipe to make using tofu or even a vegetable such as squash or eggplant. So whether you are a meatatarian, vegetarian or full vegan you can spin this recipe to your liking. I would like to wish you all a great weekend and hopefully the weather holds on for a few more days.
I am golfing on Sunday with the “BOYS” so I am looking forward to that. Other items on the agenda include some yard work, some writing and of course some cooking. I will be back on Monday morning with a few more days of the “Help the Students Event” to round out the week.