Ummm is this thing on? Oh there we go… much better. Happy Wednesday to you! A couple of weeks ago I had a huge craving for scallops on the way home from work. So of course, I pulled in and picked up a few handfuls of fresh scallops as a snack before dinner. I know, I know… crazy but true. As I was walking around the store, thoughts were running through my head as to how I wanted to prepare the scallops. For me, simple is best when it comes to a plump juicy scallop. Today, i switched things up a little and added a bit of sweet with a bit of sour in the form of raspberries and lemon juice.
The combination was excellent. The only problem I had with this is that I didn’t buy enough scallops as I was wanting more when the plate was empty. If you have 6 minutes – make these and I promise you will not be disappointed.
- Fresh scallops
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tsp. Olive oil
- 1/2 Cup Raspberries
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- Zest of a lemon
- Juice of a lemon
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the pan to medium-high heat.
- Pat dry the scallops and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Add the butter and oil together in the pan and then start to sear the scallops.
- Sear on each side until golden brown about 1-1 1/2 minutes and then remove from the pan.
- Leaving the butter and oil in the sauce and add the raspberries, lemon zest and juice.
- Cook down for 2-3 minutes and add the scallops back in the pan.
- Spoon the sauce over the scallops and serve
Zesty Tip: Make sure the scallops are patted dry with a paper towel and the pan is really hot when you start the searing process.
Alright, I am going to head to work, dodging rain drops as it is pouring from the skies. I hope you have a great Wednesday and I will touch base with you on Friday.