Middle of the week Wednesday, How are you?
Sharing with you a little creation I prepared on the weekend for a church fundraiser.
Nothing fancy but the results were tasty.
- 1 3/4 Cup Oreo chocolate crumbs
- 1/4 Cup Butter, melted
- 1 Package instant chocolate fudge pudding
- 2 Cups Skim milk
- 1 Cup heavy cream
- 1 Cup icing sugar
- 1/4 Cup Slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 Cup shredded coconut, toasted
- Dark chocolate bar shavings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine the Oreo crumbs and the butter together and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into a butter/sprayed 9 inch pie plate and push down to compact and make the crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the oven and remove. Let the crust cool
- Follow the instructions on the pudding package and let the pudding rest.
- In a large bowl, combine the icing sugar and heavy cream and beat on high using electric beaters for 2 minutes, or until your desired consistency is met.
- Once the pie crust is cool you can start assembly. Scoop the pudding into the base and spread evenly. Top with the whip cream mixture and use a knife to spread.
- Sprinkle with coconut. almonds and dark chocolate shavings.
- Place in fridge to firm up and set
Zesty Tip: Just before cutting you could set it in the freezer for about an hour – will make it easier to cut and taste delicious.
Have a great Wednesday and I will see you on Friday. Cooking a big family dinner tonight so I will likely have something to share for Friday.