Hi there. How are you?
How is your week going?
What is new in your world?
Wanna try some salmon?
Simple seared salmon with an orange ginger sauce served over some roasted vegetable salad. Pretty simple. Takes about 15 minutes start to finish.
I thought you might say yes so I jotted down the ingredients and instructions below. It was pretty yummy.
- 4 salmon portions
- 1 Tsp. Ginger, grated
- 1 Tbsp. Hoisin Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Pat dry salmon with paper towels on both sides and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine all other ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- In a oven safe pan, preheat over medium to high heat and add olive oil
- Begin to sear the salmon, about 3 minutes per side to get the nice crust
- Flip and continue for 2 minutes on other side.
- Pour sauce over salmon and move the pan to the hot oven.
- Let the salmon finish cooking in the oven. About 4-5 minutes depending on the thickness of the salmon. Usually 8-9 minutes per inch.
- Remove from oven, lay salmon on top of vegetables or salad and drizzle with pan sauce
Zesty Tip: The key to a nice seared salmon is making sure the flesh is dry before you start and using a pan with very high heat.
Have a great day today and let me know if like salmon and if so, what is your preferred cooking method.