Ever crave a treat? Something simple.
I was experimenting with dark chocolate chips a few weeks back and hit a gold mine. The Hershey’s dark chocolate chips happen to have a cookie recipe on the back of the bag and of course I had to give it a test.
So I tried them a second time 2 days later.
Results… amazing ( I under cooked them by 2 minutes from the recipe)
I have made 4 batches since than for various events – results are always amazing. Dropping the cooking time from 8 minutes to 6 minutes makes all the difference in the world.
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 Cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa
- 3/4 Tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 Tsp. salt
- 1 Cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1-1/2 Cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Cups (12-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY’S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Beat butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla in large bowl until fluffy.
- Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or just until set.
- Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cool completely. About 36 cookies.
Zesty Tip: Make a double batch! These things are amazing.
A Special Thank You to all those people who have purchased my new top 50 Healthy Juice and Smoothie book. It is pretty exciting to see the sales roll in and know that people are supporting me and finding value in my work. It is a fun feeling.
Have a great Friday and a super weekend. I will be back on Monday.