It is what you think it is… except different.
Imagine packing so much flavor in a sandwich, and you kind of feel guilty not sharing it?
Check this out.
What are your thoughts on a lobster sandwich that may possibly send chills down your spine? Not your run-of-the mill lobster roll laced with mayo and celery. I mean a serious sandwich topped with a crunchy slaw and kissed with a herbed oil.
I think you are going to love it.
This just in: The combination of crunch and flavor coupled with the smooth taste of the lobster is a definite winner. Two taste testers, two sets of thumbs up.
Crunchy, Slaw-Topped Lobster Sandwich
Servings: Makes 2 sandwiches
- 12oz fresh lobster
- 2 Tsp. Mayo
- Salt and pepper
Tangy Herb Sauce
- 1/2 Cup basil, fresh
- 1/3 Cup cilantro, fresh
- 1/3 Cup raw cashews
- 1/3 Cup olive oil
- 1/3 Cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 Tsp. dried chili peppers
- 1/2 Tsp. salt
- 1 cup cabbage, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup carrot, sliced thinly
- Handful of spinach, sliced thinly
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. vinegar
- 1/2 Tsp. dry mustard
- 1 Tsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tsp. honey
- Salt and pepper
- For the tangy herb sauce, combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- If too thick, drizzle more olive oil but you do not want it to thin. Let chill.
- For the dressing, combine all ingredients in a seal-able jar and give it a good shake with the lid on.
- Pour over slaw and toss. This makes more dressing than needed, so store leftover dressing in a sealable jar or container.
- Let chill until ready to prepare sandwich.
- For the lobster, mix the mayo, salt and pepper together and set aside.
- Slice bread/roll and toast the roll slightly.
- Spread the herb sauce on both sides of the toasted bread.
- Mound the lobster onto of one side of the bread.
- Add a generous topping of the crunchy slaw.
- Top with the other half of the toasted bread.
Zesty Tip: Make sure your lobster is nice and dry. Lie it out on a paper towel before sandwich preparation as you do not want the bread to get soggy.
Thank you for all your awesome emails the last couple of days. I have a lot of great ideas for the campground. I am excited! I want your opinion on this lobster sandwich as it took a lot of trial and error but I really think it was worth the wait.
Have an awesome day and weekend.