No not a Lara bar… a Lara ball.
A neat concept. A great taste. Easy to make.
Look at this.
- 1/2 Cup Raw Cashews
- 1/2 Cup Dry roasted almonds
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 Cup dried fruit ( I used cranberries)
- 1 1/3 Cup pitted dates
- 2-3 Tbsp. Raw coca nibs ( I didn’t have any so I used 2 Tbsp. dark chocolate chips)
- 1 Tbsp. Almond butter
- 1/8 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla extract
- In your food processor, pulse everything until a nice paste begins to develop. It will take a couple of minutes. Take breaks and use a spatula to push any of the ingredients down that may wanted to rise on the sides. Coconut is bad for doing this.
- Once mixed to the desired consistency, let rest for 4 minutes.
- Using your hands, grab some of the mixture and begin to shape them. You can do bar, cookie or ball shapes. I found balls the easiest… but if you had a rectangle bar mold that would be fun too.
- This recipe made one bar and 10 balls for me.
Zesty Tip: You want to ensure you mix well until a paste forms. Over mixing will cause them to release a lot of oil. Not to panic though, just shape them however you want and let them rest on paper towel in the fridge.
I find these are way better cold. They have a nice chewy texture with great flavor. I will be making these all the time. Maybe altering an ingredient here or there to see how they change. Have an awesome Friday and a super weekend. Talk to you on Monday.