OH CANADA! Where do I start with today’s post. Let’s just say yesterday was a pretty exciting day for Canadians. Not only did we win the Men’s Hockey Gold medal in an exciting game but we won the most gold medals in Olympic history. All I can say is WOW and now I am not sure what I am going to do without any Olympics on for another couple of years.
Although the Olympics are over, the food lives on forever. Today I want to share with you another spin on some sweet potatoes. If you don’t know, I am a large lover of sweet potatoes and I will eat them in any way shape or form. Here is a few of the ways I have featured them on zesty in the past:
- Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Sizzling Sweet Potato Skins
- Grilled Sweet Potatoes
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Garlic Mashed Sweet Potatoes
It is hard to believe how many times I have feature sweet potatoes but as I am sure you will agree with me…. these little orange babies are tough to beat. Below is the simple instructions I used to create the Sweet Potato Stack.
- 2 Large sweet potatoes
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees and line baking pan with parchment paper.
- Toss sweet potatoes in olive oil
- Add salt and pepper
- Bake for 20-30 minutes – watching the sweet potatoes caramelize on the top. Turn the potatoes over and continue cooking for another 10 minutes.
- Move the sweet potatoes to the top rack and turn the heat down to 250 to let the sweet potatoes dry a little bit and become even crispier.
Zesty Tip: The huge tip here is the thickness that you cut the sweet potatoes. Cutting them too thin will cause them to burn and become inedible and cutting them too thick will almost cause them to be baked. About an inch thick is the ideal thickness to get the amazing caramelized crust and the soft marshmallow like texture on the inside.
Zesty’s House Cleaning
Alright Monday is in full wing and things are happening and back to “normal“. I want everyone to have a great Monday and start the week off with a bang. How is the weather in your region of the world? I woke up to heavy rains and high winds… is spring on the way? Let me know your thoughts on mother nature and I will talk to you soon.