Come here Wednesdayand give me a hug! Ahhhh thank you. Happy Wednesday to you!
After visiting the new local market last week, I left with a nice pork roast that I was planning to roast for sandwiches, stir-fry and whatever else rolled through my brain. This dish was an ad hoc lunch prepared in less than 15 minutes on Saturday afternoon.
A couple of days prior, I slow cooked the pork roast for about 8 hours with a combination of Apricot Jam, Rosemary and splash of apple juice. To say the least – the meat was amazing! So tender, juicy and full of flavor.
Ingredients (Pork Roast)
- Pork Roast
- 1/2 Cup Apricot Jam
- 1 Tbsp. Dried Rosemary
- 3 Tbsp. Apple Juice
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker and set to low and cook for 8 hours. Your final roast should look similar to this below. Oh so good!
Ingredients (Pasta Dish)
- 2 Cups cooked Pork Roast
- 1 Cup Button Mushrooms
- 1 Cup Broccoli
- 1 Cup Baby Spinach
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1/4 Cup Feta Cheese
- 2 Cups Spiral Pasta
- 1 Tbsp. Hoisin Sauce
- 2 Tsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 Tbsp. Ginger
- 2 Tbsp. Orange Juice
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Preheat Large Pan on Medium- High Heat and add olive oil.
- Add pork pieces and mushrooms, sautee for 3-4 minutes until the pork and mushrooms caramelize.
- Add Ginger and Garlic, Cook for 3 more minutes
- Add Soy Sauce and Hoisin Sauce
- Add Orange Juice and Broccoli – stirring to coat the broccoli ( be sure to add a sprinkle of salt on the broccoli to ensure it stays bright green.
- Add Spinach – cook for 1 minute while stirring ( If you find the hoisin sauce is sticking to the pan which is quite possible due to all the sugars – add a tablespoon of hot water to the hot pan and de-glaze the pan and get all those great flavors.
- Add Walnuts and cooked spiral pasta (you can use whatever pasta you have on hand as well).
- Plate and top with Feta Cheese.
As part of the zesty tradition, I can’t wait to hear what people both think of this recipe as it is so simple but quite tasty and also what’s your favorite type of pasta.
Do not forget to enter into the giveaway for Jamie Oliver’s Newest Book…. It’s a good one.