When I woke up this morning, I had a craving for something hot but something a little different. Every now and again I get a huge craving for a “greasy breakfast“. A good ole plate of bacon and eggs. It works out great as I have some left over turkey bacon from the Asparagus Bacon Salad the other day.
I thought I would switch it up and cook it all together in one pan. This is how it turned out in the picture below. I topped it with a little bit of ketchup but forgot to include that in the photo.
Basically it is a hot breakfast in a bowl that combines the taste of bacon, eggs and hash browns in every bite.
- 4 Slices of turkey bacon (chopped)
- 1 1/2 Cups frozen hash browns
- 1/2 Cup frozen peas
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat pan to medium-high and start to render the bacon. (about 6 minutes)
- Add hash browns and continue to saute until has browns are cooked through.
- Toss in peas and season with salt and pepper.
- Create two hallow openings in the mixture.
- Crack eggs into opening and let cook. (About 6 minutes)
- Sprinkle cheese over top and cover with lid.
Zesty Tip: For a quick hash brown fix I sometimes uses the frozen packaged ones. However for an original way to create your own hash browns, you can start by microwaving the potatoes first then cut them into small cubes. From there, pan fry them in butter until golden brown and then finish in the oven.
Question of the Day: What is your all-time breakfast food?
Have a great Monday and I will see you all tomorrow.