Good Monday morning to you all? Ever just crave a chicken wing that is not greasy but it is still crispy on the outside? Now don’t get me wrong – I do love a nice deep fried chicken wing when done right but at home I always go for a baked chicken wing in the oven and then finish it off with the glaze. The process is really simple and you can use what ever you like as the glaze. For this batch, I went with a spicy glaze cause I was craving something hot.
These were not burn your lips hot but they had a nice balance of sweet and heat. Take the time to season the wings prior to baking them with both salt and pepper. You will be much happier as you sit down on the couch for the big game, an episode of the Big Bang Theory, maybe some Desperate Housewives or even House Hunters.
- Chicken Wings ( tips removed )
- 1/4 Cup Hoisin Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Ketchup
- 3 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- Splash of Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Sweet Chili sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 Tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 Cup Water
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Season chicken wings with salt and pepper. Place them in the oven and cook for 40-50 minutes.
- In a separate sauce pan, place on medium heat and add remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer. One everything is combined thoroughly bring to a boil.
- Remove wings from the oven and place in a large bowl.
- Add the sauce over the wings and toss to coat.
- Serve with some fresh veggies and your favorite drink.
Zesty Tip: When making the sauce, if you find it is a little too thin, bring it to a boil and add a slurry of 1 teaspoon of cornstarch and 2 Tbsp. of water together to thicken the sauce. You want the sauce to be thick enough to both coat the wings and stick to your ribs.
Alright, you need to try these! I am not kidding you. You will find yourself quickly eating 12-16 chicken wings and going through 4-5 paper towels ( thank god for the Select – A – Size) but you will be very happy. These are nice washed down with a cold beer or you can always go with a nice glass of water. Oh did I mention a side order of homemade onion rings would never be a bad idea. Have a super kick off to your week and I will talk to you on Wednesday.