Happy Wednesday! WOW what a week. I am pretty excited to see the holiday around the corner for tomorrow. I had a lot of fun this week especially the blogging aspect of it. Despite the fact that work and zestycook.com consumes a large majority of my waking day… I love it! No complaints from being busy over here. Do you like being busy?
Today, I thought I would share with you my take of a classic bread – Banana Bread! One of my all-time favorite loafs and a great way to use ripened bananas.
Every now and again I feel the need to add some nuts to my Banana Bread recipe for a different texture and flavor combination. With this loaf I chose the “Walnut”.
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 Tsp. salt
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 1 Cup white sugar
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 4 Mashed overripe bananas
- 1/4 Cup walnuts
- Preheat Oven to 350°.
- Lightly grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and white sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended, then toss in the walnuts.
- Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let bread cool in pan for a bit, then flip it out onto a wire rack.
Zesty Tip: When bananas are on their last leg on your counter, a great place to store them for either smoothies or baking is in the freezer. They freeze very well and it will help prolong their useful life.
I hope you get some time in the near future to try this banana bread. As I mentioned earlier, it is one of my favorite loafs to make and eat. A slight problem is that I tend to eat the whole loaf. I especially love the two end pieces. Do you like the end pieces?
Holiday is upon us… any big plans for you? I hope you have fun with whatever you choose to do and I will see you back here on Friday!
Oh, one last thing, if you haven’t checked out our new recipe e-book yet, you can download it here for free.