Oh I made a yummy last night! Not a lot of time on my hands after work and before soccer but I had just enough time to make a nice butter chicken curry dish with a little help from a jar. I had picked up a bottle of Patak butter chicken sauce a couple of weeks ago and never got around to making it. SO as the fridge was dwindling down, I saw it poking out from the back. It was an easy decision to make it happen.
Of course I did go all traditional, because when do I really do that. I added a whole package of mini portabellas, chicken, carrots, tomatoes and at the very end…. 3 cups of spinach. YUM. The results were very good. The sauce was nice with just a hint of heat and it felt like I didn’t have Basmati rice in forever…. so I was excited.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Cups mushrooms, chopped
- 1 Cup carrot, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1 Cup grape tomatoes
- 3 Cups baby spinach
- 2 Cups cooked chicken
- 1 Jar Patak Butter Chicken Sauce
- Black Pepper
- Basmati Rice
- Preheat a large pan over medium heat, add olive oil.
- Add chopped mushrooms and begin to cook and sweat down for 3 minutes. After the mushrooms begin to shrink and release liquid, add the carrots and saute.
- Throw in the garlic and chicken and continue to let cook down. After 4 minutes add in the tomatoes.
- Add the Patal jar of butter chicken sauce and cover; let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to directions and have ready for completion.
- Removing the cover add the spinach and stir into the dish and let it cook down for 2 minutes.
- Spoon sauce over basmati rice.
Zesty Tip: The longer you can let this simmer the better. The minimum is 15 minutes for the sauce but if you have longer you will not be disappointed.
Alright, so the middle of the week is here and the weekend is upon us. I cannot believe it is the middle of June. Can you?
Before I leave you for the day I have a funny that I heard at the soccer field last night. There is a little girl on Carter’s team who went up to her Dad and said, “Dad why are all the kids fighting over one ball, when there is a whole bag of them behind the net”. I thought that was so funny and had a great chuckle.
Have a great hump day and I will touch base with you on Friday.