The week is almost over.. well not really but I still find that this week has flown by. Have you ever had a 3 mile long to-do-list and it feels like you’ll never see the end of it? That is exactly how I feel! But no need to fret, or that’s at least what I keep telling myself. To help with our busy lives, I decided to share with you an excellent quick meal that was actually very YUMMY.
This quick but tasty meal consisted of left over brown rice, left over carrots, thin sirloin beef (on sale) and BEET GREENS (a new ingredient for me). This was super fast to make and was packed with flavor. I loved it. In addition to all the flavor, it is fairly healthy at the same time.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Cup cooked brown rice
- 3/4 Cup mushrooms (chopped)
- 3 Cups beet greens
- 2 Small sirloin beef pieces
- 3/4 Cup chopped carrots (cooked)
- 2 Tbsp. barbecue sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat saute pan, then add olive oil.
- Prepare beef (trim fat and flavor with salt and pepper).
- Sear beef on both sides; cook until desired done-ness and remove from pan.
- Add mushrooms, cooked carrots and rice and begin to stir fry; 4 minutes.
- Cut beef into smaller pieces and add back into pan.
- Add barbecue sauce and beet greens; continue cooking for 3 minutes (until beet greens wilt).
- Remove from heat and plate.
Zesty Tip: When working with cheaper cuts of beef, I like to keep them in bigger pieces. From there, I usually cook them very quickly on high heat and always cut them against the grain to ensure tenderness. Another trick is to slightly under cook the meat as well.
Question of the day: What is your favorite green vegetable?
I hope you have a great Thursday and I look forward to seeing you tomorrow.