Hello to you from 38,000 feet in the air. Yeah I know, kind of cool isn’t it? I bit the bullet and bought the GoGo internet service on Air Canada so I could get caught up on some blogging work before landing in LA. The flight is 4hr 47 minutes long so I figured I would get my monies worth on the plane.
With my whereabouts cleared up we can move onto today’s post – and for the meat lovers of the world….. I think I have a pork chop for you. Remember that barbecue chicken sauce I made a couple of weeks back? I told you it was very versatile and I didn’t lie to you. I added a couple of tablespoons to a balsamic reduction for this pork. The combination of vinegar with the subtle sweetness of the sauce created a nice balance.
Served with a side of garlic sauteed mushrooms - this is a great simple meal to make in a hurry. I usually start the pork on the stove – top and move it to the oven to finish it. Once cooked I set aside and cover it with foil and then prep the mushrooms.
- 2 Pork chops ( about an inch thick )
- 3 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 -2 Cups button mushrooms ( chopped)
- Fresh rosemary
- 1/3 Cup vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp. Barbeque chicken sauce
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Preheat oven-safe pan on stove top and add olive oil
- Salt and pepper the pork chops and then add to the pan and sear both sides
- Once, seared about 2-3 minutes per side, remove from the pan and de-glaze with vinegar, vegetable stock, barbeque sauce, half the garlic and rosemary. Cook for 3 minutes and then add the pork chop back in the sauce
- Place in the oven to finish off the cooking about 10-15 mins depending on the thickness
- In another pan begin sauteing the mushrooms in the butter and remaining garlic and let reduce until tender.
- Drizzle the sauce on the base of the plat and add the pork chop.
Zesty Tip: For moister meat, when cooking in the oven place a tray of water on the lower great with flavors in it if you like to help keep the air moist which will intern cause your meat to stay moist.
Ok guys, I am off to have a little rest and I will see you back on the ground for Wednesday morning. Kick off the monday right and keep smiling.