Hi guys! Sally here today to bring you a blondie recipe. I adore blondies! I prefer them over brownies any day! I know. Crazy, I must be.
This is an old Zesty recipe that I’m bringing back to life. I made them over the weekend and they were gone in no time. No really – I took them to my neighbors and they disappeared quicker than the time it took to actually make them. A winner recipe, if you ask me.
They are dense, buttery, soft, and rich. A decadent non-chocolate treat? They do exist! And each bit is loaded with butterscotch, one of my favorite flavors – especially this time of year.
The best part? No mixer required! Merely stir by hand and you are good to go. I love an easy clean up.
Here is the lowdown on how to make ‘em.
makes 16 blondies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, browned
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees°F.
- Butter an 8×8 pan.
- Mix melted butter with brown sugar – stir until smooth.
- Stir in egg and then vanilla.
- Add salt, stir in flour, & baking powder.
- Add butterscotch chips – stir together.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until set in the middle.
- Cool on rack before cutting them.
If you like these, check out a couple other recipes you’ll enjoy.