There is something to be said about cooking over an open fire.
The flavor. The smell. The excitement.
Last Friday we had the pleasure of preparing campfire dinners with our friends at the campground. Never before have I done anything quite like this before in all my days around food. Now the finished product, all be it, didn’t look amazing from my photography – the results were delicious!
Everyone inhaled their food and moved on to smores…. again.
- 1 ground beef patty ( you could use whatever you wanted)
- potatoes, sliced
- carrots, sliced
- onions, sliced
- cauliflower, handful
- corn, canned
- 2-3 Tbsp. cream of mushroom soup
- 1 Tbsp. Onion soup mix
- 1 Tsp. Canola oil
- Salt and pepper
- Place two large pieces of tin foil on top of each other. Drizzle a little oil on the top piece.
- Place hamburger patty on bottom. Top with the rest of the vegetables.
- Spoon the cream of mushroom soup and onion soup mix on top.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Wrap and create a pouch.
- Throw on the fire and wait. You will want to flip the pouch every 15-20 mins. The timing will depend on the heat and how close you place them to the fire.
Zesty Tip: Low and slow wins the race. Keep lowering the grates above the fire as the food begins to cook and the wood continues to burn down.
Have a happy Monday and a great start to your week.