Ever have leftover food and not know what to do with it?
I had some beef shank left over from last week sitting in the fridge and I wanted to use it up. I thought what better way then to make a beef sandwich. Exactly what I did.
How about fresh cheese baguette, tender beef, spiked relish, hint of jalapeno and mozzarella cheese? Yeah I know, it was holy YUM!
I used what I had on hand, I think another cheese would have worked better but you do with what you have. The relish was the star of the show, it was paired up with a little mustard, dash of ginger to give it a kick that goes so well with beef.
- Cheese baguette
- Beef ( cooked and pulled apart)
- 2 Tbsp. Relish
- 1 Tsp. Mustard
- 1/2 Tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 Tsp. Ginger
- Mozzarella cheese ( shredded )
- 1 Tsp. Jalapeno pepper ( chopped)
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 400 Degrees F.
- Slice open the baguette leaving one side still in tact.
- In a small bowl, take relish, mustard, red pepper flakes and ginger and mix together. Add Jalapeno and toss.
- Smear one side of the bread with the relish mixture, top with the cooked beef and add the cheese a top that.
- Close the sandwich, cover with tinfoil and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
Zesty Tip: For an extra crunch, you can remove the tin foil with 4 minutes to go or put the sandwich directly on the grill. I like to cook it covered for the first little while to make sure I can cut through the bread with my teeth.
I am off. Big day at the office, must shower and clean up so I look somewhat presentable. Have a super mid week Wednesday, enjoy the cloudy weather with rain showers for the next 5 days. I am guessing it is sunny somewhere. Tell me it is sunny somewhere! Talk to you Friday.