What do you do with your left overs?
I took some chicken, black beans, quinoa and romaine lettuce and made it into a little wrap.
Paired it with some cilantro, dashes of feta cheese and some fresh tomatoes.
It was good enough to eat. As a matter of fact, I ate two.
- Leftover grilled or baked chicken ( 2 breasts)
- 1 Cup left over quinoa
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tomato , chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Romaine lettuce leafs, washed
- 3/4 Cup black beans, rinsed
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- In a large sauce pan over medium heat, add olive oil and begin to warm thru the chicken. After about 2 minutes add the black beans and quinoa.
- Season with salt and pepper and let warm for about 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Assemble the wraps starting with the romaine leaf.
- Add the chicken mixture. Top with cilantro, tomato and feta cheese.
Zesty Tip: Try not to be aggressive like I was, if you over fill the little wraps you are asking for trouble. A little feta on your lap – if you know what I mean. Keep it minimal and have two.
Have a great weekend. Hosting a little party tomorrow morning from 10am-12:00pm.
Any cool and fun ideas to cook for it?
Email me or leave it in the comments. I will do the party recap on Monday.