Today is another day of simplicity. This recipe oozes flavor and texture. Talk about easy to make. This dish can be ready to go and on the table in less than 30 minutes. I am dead serious. When you hear it – it sounds complicated. However, when you read the instructions below, it is all too simple.
Come with me and enjoy this simple dish today or when you are just craving an Italian twist.
- 1 Pound Cannelloni noodles
- 1/8 Cup Butter
- 1/4 Cup Onion; minced
- 1/4 Cup Mushroom; chopped
- 1 Cup Spinach leaf; cooked
- 2 Cups Chicken, cooked; shredded
- 1/4 Tsp. Nutmeg
- 1/4 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Tsp. Pepper
- 3/4 Cup Ricotta cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Cream (heavy)
- Preheat the oven to 350F .
- Saute the onions and mushrooms in butter.
- Chop the spinach. Add spinach, chicken, nutmeg, salt and pepper to onion mixture. Simmer about 5 minutes and cool slightly.
- Add the ricotta and cream.
- Mix thoroughly and season to taste.
- Cook the noodles. Fill each noodle with the filling and place, seam side down in a buttered oven proof dish.
- Cover with a generous amount tomato sauce and fresh basil.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 10 minutes until cheese and sauce is bubbling.
Zesty Tip: To ease the burden of food preparation, when cooking chicken for a given meal, cook 4-6 extra pieces and chop it up and store in Ziploc bags for meals throughout the week. It is a great time saver.
For all our friends celebrating Thanksgiving today, I hope you are having a great day. I look forward to hearing all your comments. Have a great Thursday!