Happy Monday! I hope your weekend was enjoyable.
Ever get tired of the same ole run of the mill sandwiches? I have an idea for you to try. A different type of spread than your typical mayo or mustard.
Try this as your next sandwich spread: Avocado, cilantro, lime juice, hint of salt and pepper and a spoon full of salsa – DELISH!
It is a simple spin on guacamole for the base of your sandwich. The results speak for themselves. For me, the sandwich quality is usually driven by the bread then followed by the toppings. If you try this sandwich – you will be impressed with the flavor combination and treat the bread as a vehicle.
- Cooked chicken breast, sliced,
- 2 pieces of bacon, cooked
- Handful of spinach
- Avocado spread – see above
- 2 Slices of bread toasted
- Begin by making the spread, combine 1 avocado and handful of cilantro, squirt of lime juice, and spoonful of salsa
- Toast your bread
- Smear some of the avocado mixture
- Top with chicken, bacon and spinach
- Set the other slice of bread on top .
- Slice it up.
Zesty Tip: Use this avocado spread in many variations. This would work very well as a base for baked nachos or even on a white fish. Be creative and keep your taste buds guessing.
Alright, the first of the week is back again. I hope you have a great start to your week. I will be back on Wednesday.
Question: What is your favorite sandwich?