Let’s kick this Monday off with a “lounge in front of the TV on a Saturday night comfort food dinner plate“. That is exactly what we did on Saturday night. It was a busy day over all with a birthday party, house work and a trip to the stock car races only to be canceled due to rain. So when we finally got the kids to bed we made a little snack for the couch. This really is my kind of food. Simple and easy yet tasty and wholesome.
It all started with some fresh rolls from the bakery and a thought of a tuna melt and fries. Then it slightly adapted roasted potato wedges and my version of zesty sliders.
- 2 cans of Tuna ( drained)
- 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 Tsp. Thyme
- 1 Cup shredded cheese
- 2 handful baby potatoes ( halved )
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 Tsp. Chili powder
- 1 Tsp. Garlic powder
- 1/2 Tsp. Celery salt
- 1 Tsp. Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Halve and slice potatoes and then rinse well and pat dry with paper towel.
- In a large bowl add potatoes, olive oil, celery salt, garlic, black pepper and chili powder and mix well
- Pour out on a cookie sheet and bake 20-25 minutes turning occasionally until golden brown
- For the tuna, open and drain cans and dump tuna in a bowl and mix with mayo, thyme.
- Split open the rolls, top with the tuna mixture, sprinkle with cheese and bake until cheese melts.
Zesty Tip: For a nice crunch in your tuna, add chopped up dill pickles or celery. It adds a great dimension of texture and flavor. I couldn’t because Mrs. zesty is not a fan at all.
Alright, a new week begins. I have a funny feeling this week is going to fly by as it is a short week with Canada day celebrations taking place on Thursday and me taking Friday off. What is your favorite type of slider? They seem to be all the rage now. For me, I am leaning towards a nice juicy lamb slider will a cool topping of yogurt and mint. Have a fantastic Monday and keep smiling.