Happy Monday to you!
Let’s call the past weekend a somewhat productive weekend around the house.
We finally got the outdoor rink built! Rink is flooded and freezing as we speak. Whoooo Hooooo
Let’s start this week off with a simple shrimp recipe that you can do all year round and really impress your taste buds. Shrimp is really easy to cook, takes hardly anytime and are good for you. I chose to flavor them today with really two simple flavors; coconut and lime. A perfect flavor combination and deep inside reminds me of the sun and the heat. Did I ever mention to you that I really despise snow and winter weather?
Do note that I did eat a lot more shrimp than in the picture. I was having problems getting a decent picture so I zoomed in on one lonely shrimp so you could see the grilling detail. With the coconut milk they will get nice and charred if you are not careful.
The flavors compliment each other with the sweet of the coconut and the sharp burst flavor of the lime. I paired these shrimp with just a simple green salad and fresh tomatoes.
- 20 shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh garlic
- 1 Lime
- Coconut Milk
- Place shrimp in a large seal-able baggie. Add the garlic, coconut milk, lime juice, salt and pepper to the bag.
- Toss to coat shrimp evenly with marinade ingredients. Place bag in refrigerator to marinate for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to high heat 475°F – 500°F (245°C-260°C). Oil grill to prevent sticking.
- Place shrimp directly on the grill and cook for 1 minute per side or until nicely charred and opaque.
- Remove shrimp from the grill. Serve hot with a drizzle of fresh lime.
- Serve over salad
Zesty Tip: Be careful not to over cook the shrimp. I have said this numerous times before but it really is the key to success. Also for an extra kick you could use a little bit of jalapeno pepper to enhance the flavor and make it a bit spicy.