OK – I am pumped! Opensky and zesty have teamed up for what I am calling “GET A SLICER” giveaway. Everyone has the chance to win a fantastic product. The Swissmar Borner V-Slicer Plus Mandolin, is a household kitchen product that I cannot live without. It will time and time again make you look like a super star in the kitchen. Whether you are making the perfect French Fries or just some sweet carrot match sticks – this can do it all!
So let’s get this show on the road…. Here it is in all it’s glory. You are getting $42 Value for FREE so make sure you get over to the promo page and enter your name right NOW.
Now onto the details
I wanted to create a little more excitement on how to enter into this contest instead of just the traditional – sign up thru RSS. Opensky has come up with a super easy way to enter for a chance to win a Swissmar Borner V-Slicer Plus Mandolin.
How To Enter:
- Head on over to this promo page and enter you name to win.
- 1 winner will be generated at random. Everyone else who enters will receive a 10% off discount. The coupon can only be applied towards products in “MY” Shop. The coupon expires one week after the promotion begins so make sure you head over to “MY” Shop and use your coupons right away.
- The winner will receive 1 Swissmar Borner V-Slicer Plus Mandolin
- Contest will end at 5pm EST April 9th, 2010.
Mandolin Uses and Recipes
No matter what you like to eat in your kitchen, this mandolin has a use for you. Here are just a couple of times I used my mandolin and the results were fantastic.
Do you guys remember when I did the healthy version of French Fries. Let’s just say that it was somewhat of a popular recipe around the world. I am not tooting my horn by any stretch of the imagination but there has been a lot of positive feedback on the recipe and technique including one famous foodie. Check this out below…
Anthony Bourdain says:
We tried your fry recipe and they were really, really great. They were the best that we have ever made at home! Thank you so much for sharing them with us.
A few tips I have learned over the past in using this slicer include:
- Be careful – these blades are SUPER sharp
- Use long fluid strokes especially when slicing hard root vegetables such as a potato or parsnips
- If you are chopping a lot of fries for example you can place the mandolin up higher so the potatoes have a place to pile up underneath – just ensure that the mandolin is sturdy and will not slip.
- Clean and dry thoroughly after use to avoid water staining dirt build up
OK, so there you have it. This is one of the most exciting giveaways ever on zesty. To me whoever wins and buys this product is going to be super happy. I have not used such a “MUST HAVE” product in the last 15 years. I am thrilled to have teamed up with Opensky to offer such a fun prize. By all means if the mandolin is not a favorite of yours or you already have one – no problem. Head over to “MY Shop” and check other great products.
Have yourself an awesome Wednesday and I will talk to you on Friday.