Happy Friday to you! Another week gone by and it is Friday the 13th. Good luck for some bad luck for others.. lets hope for some good luck. So let me start into a little story behind these cookies. A while back we attended a benefit dance/bake sale on for a colleague of Mrs. Zesty and well of course I get somewhat excited when I hear bake sale. We chatted about it and tried to come up with some fun ideas on what to bring to the “table”.
It turns out we came up with a few ideas:
- Double Chocolate Chunk Brownies
- Toffee Bit Chocolate Cookies
- Sweet & Salty Cookies
As you can guess from the title of the post I decided to share the Sweet & Salty morsels of goodness. These fellas were delicious ( I had to taste test just to ensure quality). Packed with pretzels, m&m, smarties and a few potato chips… I could eat these all day. Super easy to make and check out my packaging idea(s) – Mrs. Zesty really thinks I am a bit over the top sometimes. Ha! We sold each for for $40. Totally joking… not even sure what the amount was but I had fun making them.
- 1 Cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 Cup Granulated white sugar
- 3/4 Cup Brown sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 2 1/3 Cups All-purpose flour
- 1 Tsp. Baking soda
- 3/4 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Cup chopped candy coated pieces
- 1 Cup crushed or jumbled savoury snacks such as pretzels and potato chips
- In a large bowl, beat butter, and both sugars until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time; beat in vanilla
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into butter mixture.
- Stir in candy and crumbled snacks.
- Drop balls onto parchment paper- lined baking sheets
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees for about 10-12 minutes rotating the pan halfway through.
- Makes about 30 cookies
Zesty Tip: Make these cookies ahead and store in an air tight container for up to 3 days. Good luck having them last that long.
Alright, I hope you have a great start to the weekend and I really hope you give these cookies a try. I think we can call these cookies…. “clean out your pantry with whatever goodies you have cookies”. I will talk to you all on Monday.