I wanted to focus on baked good today. With that being said, I have a fun simple cookie that you will love – a versatile peanut butter cookie. Whether you want a crunch, a soft chewy texture, chocolate or butterscotch chips, this cookie can handle it. Next time you are in the mood for a homemade cookie, I suggest you try these.
To compliment the salty flavor from the peanut butter, you can try adding a handful or two of chocolate in any form or even butterscotch. Let me know what you think of these peanut butter cookies.
- 3/4 Cup peanut butter
- 1/2 Cup butter (chilled)
- 1 1/4 Cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 Egg
- 3 Tbsp. milk
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 1 3/4 Cups white all purpose flour
- 3/4 Tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 Tsp. salt
- Preheat Oven to 375 F.
- Cream peanut butter, butter, brown sugar, egg, milk and vanilla in a large bowl at medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture above slowly and beat at low speed until mixed thoroughly.
- Drop from a spoon onto non greased baking sheets.
- I pushed down with a fork to ensure the crispy texture.
- Bake at 375 F for 8 minutes until set and lightly brown. These are very similar to the chewy chocolate chip cookies for me as I take them out when they just start to brown as I don’t want them to dry out and become crumby.
- Cool slightly and set on cooling rack.
Zesty Tip: If you want your cookies to have a crunch, push them down with a fork like these ones. They will firm up quicker and offer the great texture you come to expect in a homemade peanut butter cookie. If you want them softer and chewier, drop them from a spoon, use creamy peanut butter but forget pressing them down.
Question of the day? What is your favorite drink with a fresh baked homemade cookie? Is it milk? or tea?
Have a great day today and I hope this lightened your day and made you smile.