What do you think of that name for a cookie? Clever? I think so…. but whatever name you put on these morsels of crunch doesn’t really matter. Last week, one evening zesty junior and I whipped up a batch of these for so called “dessert”. We wanted something easy and quick so we could eat even faster.
The ingredient list is pretty simple and we had everything in stock.
They took all of 5 minutes to prepare which is so my style. Zesty Mother in Law makes a very similar cookie to this and I seem to devour those when I visit – so I had a good idea my taste buds would approve.
Tell me what you think of these. I decided to go back with some step by step pictures.
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 1 1/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Tsp. Baking Soda
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 Cups of Rice Krispies
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the Oven to 350 Degrees and lightly grease two sheet pans
- With an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla. Sift over the flour, baking soda and salt; fold in.
- Add the cereal and chocolate chips. Stir to mix thoroughly.
- Zesty Junior – loves chocolate chips…. leftover stash
- Drop spoonfuls of the dough on the prepared sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Zesty Tip: For even crunchier cookies add 1/2 cup of your favorite nuts, coarsely chopped with the cereal and chocolate chips.
Have a super Monday and I will talk to you mid week for some more fun.