Remember me telling you a while ago that I was slightly addicted to dark chocolate? Well I was not really lying. I seem to eat it multiple times through the week (only in moderation of course) and I love it!! I cannot get enough of it, especially as a little treat after a savory meal.
With that said, I thought to myself about making dark chocolate chip cookies. I mean pretty easy – just substitute the milk chocolate chips in for dark chocolate chips and away you go. Genius, but then I said… what if I eat the whole batch of cookies? Mrs Zesty and little zest’s do not love dark chocolate at all as a matter of fact, zesty junior coins the taste as ” ewww yuck, Dad that is terrible”.
But guess what? I made the cookies anyway and pretty much did eat the whole batch…. go Bowflex!
- 2/3 Cup Melted Butter
- 2 Cups Lightly Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Hot Water
- 2 2/3 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Package (270g) Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, add melted butter, brown sugar, eggs and hot water and mix well.
- Stir in the remaining dry ingredients.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix thoroughly.
- Drop from spoon onto ungreased cookie sheet
- Bake at 375 for 8 to 10 minutes until golden brown on the bottom.
Zesty Tip: For a chewier thinner cookie, press the dough down with a spatula or fork and make sure you under cook them slightly. I would suggest 7 minutes depending on the thickness. Trial and error as this batch will yield at least 24-36 cookies.
So it is Friday and Monday is a holiday here for us. Whoooo hooooo. We have a sleigh ride slated for tomorrow afternoon but the weather may throw a wrench into that plan. Too early to tell so I will play it by ear. Other than that, I think this weekend may be deemed relaxation and catch up on consulting work. Oh and likely a few Dexter episodes. Have a super Friday and I will catch you Monday for a new week.