It is treat time.
I Love these balls.
Ever have one? Want to try one?
Honestly 6 different people ate one of these balls and all loved them! Is that really the ingredients or the hands that made them…. let’s go with the ingredients. Read on.
Not all indulgence has to be “over the top”. Take a look at this Dark Chocolate Trail Mix ball with Quinoa. Action packed with super foods yet rich and tasty like a 5 star dessert. By combining certain flavors such as hint of sea salt, dark chocolate and the sweetness of the dried cherries – you end up with a party ball in your mouth that will have you hopping. These were so good, I literally thought about selling these so everyone could eat them.
Dark Chocolate Trail Mix Balls
- 1 cup old fashioned or quick-cooking oats, dry
- 3/4 Cup Quinoa, cooked
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 scoops Protein powder, bulk barn brand
- 1/3 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup dried cherries, raisins or cranberries
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. Almond Butter, optional
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- Fluff and scoop quinoa into a large mixing bowl.
- Add sunflower seeds, protein powder, oats, dried cherries and coconut to quinoa and mix well. Bring honey to a simmer on the stove then stir in the vanilla extract and almond butter and pour on top of nuts and seeds. Mix until well combined.
- Let mixture cool before adding the chocolate chips, peanut butter and sea salt. Mix well with your hands so the peanut butter is evenly dispersed but be careful not to melt the chocolate chips!
- Using wet hands, gently roll mixture into golf ball-sized balls. I made 12.
- Place balls on a plate
- Let chill for 2 Hours before eating – very tricky to do but worth the wait
Zesty Tip: You could change the flavor profile but using maple syrup for honey if you so desire and of course change the dried cherries with cranberries, raisins or whatever floats your boat. This is also a great way to use up some leftover quinoa.
Alright, I have a list as long as my arm to take care of today so I am getting right to work. Have a super Monday and talk on Wednesday.