How To Enter the Kitchen Aid Giveaway Today:
For today’s entry – Tell me your favorite holiday movie in the comments below. And just because it is the holiday season you should tell all your friends about this giveaway ( well at least 10 people) just joking but feel free to do it if you would like.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Happy Monday to you! OK, before reading this recipe, slightly unloosen your pants and don’t start calculating the calories. Just prepare, bake and eat. Deal?
This dish is very good to say the least. Not one to eat 4 days a week but if you are reaching for comfort food that will make you smile I strongly suggest you push a fork of this in your mouth and tell me how it feels. Super easy to prepare with simple ingredients and instructions but the labor of love on the sauce is really what counts. Take the 10-15 minutes to make the sauce correctly and all will be rewarded with flavor and texture.
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 1 Tsp. salt
- 1/4 Tsp. pepper
- 2 1/2 Cups milk
- 1 small onion, finely chopped, or onion powder/flakes
- 1 Cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 Cup Bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan over low heat until melted. Blend in flour, salt and pepper. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- Gradually stir in milk, 1/2 cup at a time. Heat to boiling. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Arrange potatoes in greased 2 quart casserole in 3 layers, topping each layer with part of the onions and 1/3 of the sauce and 1/3 of the cheese.
- Melt the remaining tablespoon of butter in the microwave and incorporate into the dry bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle the top with the bread crumbs.
- Cover and bake until potatoes are tender, about 60-70 minutes. Let stand 5 to 10 minute before serving.
Zesty Tip: This scalloped potato recipe goes with so much, from ham, to meat loaf to just about anything you want to pair it with. Will also work well with a nice side of beef or even something as simple as oven roasted fish.
How to Win the KitchenAid Giveaway Today
Just leave a comment on this post telling me your favorite HOLIDAY MOVIE Remember, you can still enter the contest from previous days!
- Please “like” the Zesty Cook facebook page and come back and tell me you did it. If you are already a “liker,” leave a comment telling me you are already a fan.
- Tell me your favorite holiday tradition and leave a comment telling me.
- Tell Zesty your favorite Holiday dish
- Tweet about this contest and leave a comment telling me you have tweeted.
- Tell me the first thing you would make with the mixer.
Please be sure to leave separate comments for each entry to increase your chance to win!
Have a super start to your week and i will talk to you all on Wednesday. If you try these potatoes or make something very similar let me know what you think and your variations.