It’s a new day! A new week! And guess what? The sun is out. Whooo Hoooo. Ok Ok enough of me being silly I have something very fun to share with you today. A simple recipe that will warm you from the inside out with packs of flavor. It always seems the simple things in the kitchen taste the best.
I mean you look at this dish, a few aromatic choices, some seafood and some fresh herbs and you have yourself a
yummy appetizer, main course or for me – maybe just a snack when you are starving.
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped shallots or onion
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 Plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Bottle clam juice
- 1/2 Cup white wine or water
- 1 Cup of water
- 1 lb Mussels ( scrubbed)
- 1/2 lb halibut or cod ( cubed )
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, heat oil with butter over medium heat; cook shallots and bay leaf, stirring often until shallots are softened, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, garlic and salt and cook for another minute
- Stir in clam juice, wine and 1 cup of water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover for 10 minutes.
- Add mussels and halibut; cover and cook until mussels open and halibut flakes easily to the touch; about 6 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf and any mussels that did not open
- Stir in parsley.
Zesty Tip: This will work with any of your favorite seafood. Mix it up with whatever is on sale and experiment. You can also feel free to add more flavors but I find less is more with this dish and the plum tomatoes are a really nice addition.
Ok, I am off to work and the start of another week. Have a great Monday and let me know if there is anything that you want me to post about or try in my kitchen. I am always up for new adventures.