How about some chicken fingers that are not from a box? Well if you haven’t already noticed, I tend to enjoy simple food that is quick and easy to prepare especially during the week. Lets take a look at these chicken fingers from scratch that will beat a frozen box of chicken fingers any day.
Clear off the counter, follow along and enjoy these simple yet very tasty chicken fingers.
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Cup Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Bread Crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. Water
- Red Pepper Flakes
- 6 Dashes of Hot Sauce
1. Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees.
2. Slice Chicken Breasts length-wise.
3. Flavor the flour with salt and pepper.
4. Add the hot sauce to the egg wash mixture as well as a tablespoon of water.
5. Season the bread crumbs with both red pepper flakes and paprika (you can omit these spices and add your favorites).
6. Dip Chicken in the flour mixture, then the egg mixture followed by the bread crumb mixture.
- Quick tip when breading. Only use one hand to dip in the flour and egg wash and once you drop the chicken piece in the bread crumbs – use your other hand to scoop the bread crumbs over the chicken, then flip the piece over. This will ensure only one hand gets all messy.
7. Once all coated and lined on a cookie sheet with parchment paper – place on the middle rack and cook until golden brown.
Quick Dip Options
My favorite Chicken finger dip is Honey or Sweet and Sour sauce. This dip shown here was a quick combination of dijon mustard, barbecue sauce and a little mayo. It was OK but not great. Let me know what your favorite dipping sauce is on your chicken fingers.
We can’t forget about dessert! Something healthy like Low Fat Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies!
I can’t wait to hear your responses. Hope everyone has a great day.