Happy Tuesday! Ok… so I have been waiting a long time to post this recipe. One of my all time favorite squares I have ever tasted. These are a must try. My mother -in-law makes these fudge squares better than any I have ever tasted. On the weekend she made a double batch while we were at the water park. When we got home, I wandered in the kitchen and was thrilled. My face went into instant smile mode and you could not wipe it off if you tried. These fudge squares are simply amazing!
If you have a craving for a sweet treat but not a lot of time to prepare…. try these – you will not be disappointed.
- 1/2 Cup Margarine
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Vanilla
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Milk
- 3/4 Cup Icing Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees and grease pan.
- Cream margarine and sugar together in bowl; then add remaining ingredients in order. Using a mixer, mix thoroughly and the spoon into 8 x8 pan.
- Spread evenly and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Slide a knife around the edge of the pan to pull the squares away from the pan.
- Once cool, melt butter and brown sugar.
- Cook 2 minutes, stirring. Add milk and bring to a boil again.
- Remove from heat. When cool add icing sugar.
- Spread on cool squares.
Zesty Tip: After taking the squares out of the oven, when they are slightly cooled run your knife around the edge which will allow the square to pull away from the sides. This will make it easier and cleaner while you ice the squares and prevent crumbs from getting in the icing.
I am pretty sure everyone will love these squares. Make sure you try them and let me know what you think. I know you will be impressed. These do look similar to butterscotch blondies but the flavor is quite different…. and the icing sugar is to die for!