Happy Friday! Sorry for the delay in posting. I actually never had time to write last night as we were at the house until 11:00pm prepping the upstairs for the painter today. Progress is moving along and things are starting to take shape. We picked out some plumbing fixtures today which are in stock… whoo hooo. We seem to be struggling on lighting fixtures but hopefully we can find something we like soon.
On to the food
Take a look at this dish… first glance you may think it is a little odd which may be true but I like to call this – the fridge leftovers plus some eggs. I had some left over potatoes, corn and mushrooms in the fridge and I was not sure what to do with it.
As you know I really hate throwing out perfectly good food so this is what I came up with.
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Large Potato ( cooked and cubed)
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- Salt and pepper
- Add butter to a saute pan and heat to medium heat
- Add mushrooms and begin to brown ( about 3 minutes )
- Toss in potatoes and cook for 6 minutes; stir in leftover corn and mix thoroughly.
- Create two hallow areas in the pan to crack the eggs.
- Cover pan and let the eggs cook for about 4 minutes.
- Remove and plate
Zesty Tip: Never waste food! That is my tip. Just try making crazy dishes like this one and see what you like.
Alright – I have to run to a meeting and figure out some house stuff.
To Do List
- Meet with the railing people
- Pick out some lighting… please
- Order the quarter -round molding
- Confirm cabinet arrival on Monday
Hope you have a great day!