I took your advice.
We bought frozen pitted cherries and our world has changed.
They are so good. Costco changed the way we eat cherries and they can change your life too. For this smoothie I kept the ingredients simple and let the cherries be the star of the show. I rarely use ice in smoothies but this time I did. So rewarding – but you have to make sure you have a good blender as the ice is pretty tough to chomp thru.
- 1 Cup frozen cherries
- 1/2 Cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 Tsp. real vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. Flax seed, ground
- Handful of ice cubes
- Splash of water
- Add splash of water, ice cubes and cherries to blender. Blend on high
- Remove the lid and add the yogurt, vanilla and flax seeds
- Check for consistency and flavor ( Adjust vanilla and water level if need be)
- Top with ground flax seed
Zesty Tip: Simple is often better but you could really add some jazz to this with a hint of banana, pineapple or even some fresh raspberries.
OK – I am going to get going and get to work. The jobs are piling up. Did I ever tell you that I love my job? The joys of working from home are endless. Believe it or not, I even feel that I eat healthier at home and pretty much never eat out for lunch. Kind of fun! I will talk about some big plans next week in the future of zesty.
Have a great Wednesday.