It’s Monday!! I hope everyone had a great weekend. Another busy weekend elapsed at mach speed and of course it involved a whole lot of zesty’ing and cooking. Early Saturday, I finalized a couple of logos/headers that I have been working on and I think they turned out pretty nice. I am thrilled to help other foodies update their looks or make changes to their blogs. Stop by and take a look at the latest ones completed. By all means, if you would like a new logo or an updated look, give me a shout through email and I am more than happy to help.
- Megan’s Munchies – everything in moderation
- Eating Bender – a lifelong healthy eating spree
- Sister Cooks – home of allergen family recipes
- Inner Workings of a College Graduate – running, eating and living in the real world
Saturday we hosted a games night with some family and had a great time. I decided to make a list of new appetizers, one of which I am going to share with you today. It is nothing fancy but oh so tasty! It has a little flavour of Mexican and was a very popular item with the guests.
Let me know what you think of this little taster.
- Sliced Beef (I used Striploin Steak – cooked Medium)
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar/Monterey/Colby Cheese
- 1 Cup Guacamole
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- Nacho Chips ( I chose White Corn)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line nachos on cookie sheet or pizza stone (make sure to not have the nachos overlap and touching you will dress these one at a time).
- Place strips of beef on top of the nacho chip.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake until cheese melts.
- Top with guacamole and sour cream.
Zesty Tip: When cooking anything using a pizza stone, I like to pre-heat the oven with the stone inside. This is especially great for making nachos and pizza as it allows to start the cooking process immediately and directly from under the food.
So let’s just say I made a couple of pans of these and they disappeared in seconds. I love that feeling! I love food and everything about it. Tell me this, what do you like on top of your nachos? Normally I add Jalapeno peppers and diced tomatoes on top but I had a few nay sayers to those so just left them off. I am dying to hear what everyone likes on their nachos.
Thanks everyone. Have a great Monday and we will see you tomorrow with a guest post from Tina over at Carrots and Cake.