Does the title just make you want to reach through your screen and have a bite? Well when I made this the other day on the freshly cleaned BBQ grill, I could not wait to sink my teeth into it. I was craving pork on the barbie topped with a rich sauce and coleslaw. It is such a dirty sandwich but ohhhhh so good.
I used to be intimidated by cooking full pork loins as opposed to little chops but really in retrospect there is nothing to be scared of. They cook very quickly, easily and are always tender. Can you beat that? Now I know I have cooked a fair amount of pork in my time on zesty but this sandwich stacks right up there with the apricot pork pasta, apple mustard chops, rosemary mustard chops.
The one thing I am not overly impressed about with this post is the picture. I had a hard time getting a good shot of this sandwich.
- 1 Pork loin
- 1 Steak Bun
- 2 Tbsp. Barbecue Sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Coleslaw
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat.
- Rub pork loin with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Sear pork loin on both sides and then turn heat down to medium ( you can also use the indirect heat method to finish cooking if you have time ).
- Once seared on one side, apply barbecue sauce.
- Complete the cooking process and let rest; Toast Bun while the pork rests.
- Slice on an angle and top sandwich with pork.
- Add Slaw.
Zesty Tip: When cooking meat or veggies on the grill make sure to add the sauce at the end of the cooking process to avoid burning. Think simple on the grill.
Time is running out as I prepare for Jamaica and the to do lists are not diminishing. I am really looking forward to it but there are so many loose ends to tie up. I hope you have a great Thursday and enjoy the pork loin sandwich.