Hello from Charleston, West Virginia. Yesterday was a busy day in Mississippi and right after the client meetings I drove back from Tupelo to Birmingham Alabama to fly out of this morning. The flight times just worked out a little better from Birmingham than Memphis. Right after the client meetings we decided to take a quick drive down the road to Elvis’ old house where he grew up and visit there for a few minutes. Very fun and I even picked up a couple of souvenirs.
I am dying to share this recipe with you since last Thursday, not because it is stellar and earth shattering but simply due to the fact that it tasted amazing and was super easy to prepare. I really love quesadillas and have featured a couple of my favorites in the past: Super Simple Stunning Quesadillas and Chicken Asparagus Pesto Quesadillas.
This recipe is up there with flavor and simplicity.
- Bbq Chicken
- Whole Wheat Tortilla
- Red peppers
- Monterrey Jack and Cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Cook off bbq chicken, bacon and mushrooms and set aside. ( you can use left overs if you have them as well )
- Line up the tortilla and start assembling the filling
- Add all the ingredients and finish with a good layer of cheese on the top to help the top tortilla to stick.
- Grill over medium heat – moving as needed to achieve a nice golden brown color. Gently press on the outside of the quesadilla to force the edges to connect from the cheese.
- Flip over and repeat the process.
Zesty Tip: If using mushrooms in quesadillas, I feel it is crucial to cook them down to remove the water from the mushrooms. Otherwise they will make your tortilla soggy and cause it not to crisp.
I am hanging here in Charleston for a couple of days so let me know if you guys know of good places to eat here and I will be sure to check them out. Have a superb Wednesday and I will talk to you back at home on Friday.