Happy Monday! I drove home from the campsite to be with you for a few minutes, get some work done and tell you that so far so good. Two nights, two campfires, two good meals and the rest of the week is looking great.
I wanted to share a nice grill option with you away from the traditional cheeseburgers… which I enjoy so much. These burgers are packed with flavor and take the blah out of turkey.
Great alternative to help keep things fresh in your kitchen.
Turkey Burger with Feta
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup breadcrumbs
- 1 Cup crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1/4 Cup drained, chopped sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1/4 Cup diced onions
- 2 Tbsp. chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 Tsp. dried oregano
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat barbecue grill to high for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine burger ingredients and mix to combine, being careful not to over mix. Shape into 6 patties, each 1/2–inch (1 cm) thick.
- Reduce heat to medium and place burgers on lightly greased grill, cover and cook for about 8 minutes.
- Serve with tzatziki on the bottom and topped with some baby arugula
Zesty Tip: Turkey is bland, so you need to pack it with flavor. The key ingredient in here is the sun dried tomatoes. They really pack a punch and add a nice pop.
Alright, I have to get to the garden, run a few errands and do some more work before I head back to the camp ground and hit the beach… hopefully.
Have a great day and we will talk soon!