When ZestyCook asked me to do a guest post, I knew I had to come up with something ZESTY enough to be grouped with all his wonderful recipes and amazing pictures. He has inspired me to reach to a higher level with my kitchen experiments and my food photographing skills. I hope you enjoy this recipe for an easy to make skillet meal. This would be the perfect comfort meal for a cool fall night!
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked small pasta noodles
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup mashed or canned pumpkin
- 1/2 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Saute onion in a large skillet until tender.
- Add pasta, water, pumpkin, sage, and nutmeg. Mix until well blended.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and mix in the ricotta and Parmesan cheese.
- Let the mixture simmer for 15-20 minutes or until pasta is tender and sauce has thickened, stirring frequently.
- Serve and top with additional Parmesan cheese.
If you enjoy this recipe by all means…. tell me about it and go pay Megan a visit over at her blog. If you like pumpkin, you will find tons of great pumpkin recipes for all your fall cravings! Thanks again Megan for a great post….