I have been getting some flack as of late. Nothing major, just people wanting to see healthier recipes that can be made in a hurry. Not a lot of ingredients, not a lot of effort to prepare. The hamster was spinning for a while but really when you break it down in your head – think protein and vegetables when in doubt.
Today I paired, a few roasted vegetables ( cause they are good), a chunk of salmon and some leafy pre packaged greens. How easy is that. Dinner can be on the table in 19 minutes from the time you walk in the door.
Watch and see.
- Mixed Bag salad greens
- Grape tomatoes
- Slivered almonds
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- Mixed Vegetables ( I used yellow peppers, zucchini, and asparagus)
- 1 Tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Add vegetable to pan and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and coat evenly. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast
- After about 10 minutes, turn the vegetables and add the salmon. Cook salmon about 6-8 minutes ( depending on thickness)
- In a large bowl, add mixed greens, tomatoes, slivered almonds. Drizzle with a bit of balsamic and remaining olive oil and toss
- Serve on a plate/bowl and top with salmon and roasted vegetables.
Zesty Tip: Roast vegetables in bulk and store them in ziploc bags for the rest of the week. Saves a ton of time and you can eat them cold or flash fry them to warm them up for dinner.
How did I do?
Simple – check.
Tasty – check.
I think this is a great go to dinner and can be easily changed up to keep you from getting board. You could easily substitute the almonds for another nut, the greens for arugula, the salmon for chicken or another type of fish you have on hand.
Remember protein and vegetables when in doubt. You can dodge the grains for dinner and have those for breakfast and lunch. Have a great Wednesday and see you at the end of the week.