Now I know that is a long title and a lot of description into this pork roast… but really – you cannot just say that this is any old pork roast. Now as you know from the past I tend to be a meatatarian at times and today may be no exception. When it comes to meat – I adore pork!! One of my fav ways to cook pork with the bone-in is a method I like to call HIGH-LO.
It is a method where I crank the heat up in the oven as high as it goes and sear the outside of the meat to lock in the flavors and then I cover the meat and lower it to about 200 degrees and let it break down and become super tender. This is the method I chose with this piece of meat and I can’t really stress enough… it was delicious. I cooked this as part of my rockin’ Sunday cook off and used it in stir fry’s, sandwiches and salads throughout the week – dishes in which you will get to see in the future.
- 1 Pork Roast ( about 3-5 lbs)
- 1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Rosemary
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Paste
- 1 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- Squirt of mustard
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 500 Degrees ( Do note if you want to Pan sear it in a pan before roasting that is perfectly fine )
- Prep roast by patting it dry and seasoning with salt, pepper and rosemary.
- Roast on high heat for 15 minutes and remove from heat
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients and mix together
- Pour over top of roast and cover with foil
- Turn oven down to 200 degrees and roast for another 90 minutes… depending on the size of your roast and the way you like your meat cooked. I usually like to check to see if the meat is pulling away from the bone. With this method there should be no worry of you drying the meat out or it being tough.
- Remove from heat, cover with tin foil and let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. This will allow the juices to go back through the meat instead of coming out of the meat if you slice it right away.
Zesty Tip: Be sure to cover it after you lock in the juices. This will ensure the meat stays protected and keeps all the flavor and pushes it inside the meat and help keep it moist.
I hope you have an amazing Friday. I found this week flew by like a race car in the Daytona 500. Life is busy so time flies. Wish me luck for my meeting at lunch which could lead to zesty approaching a new medium. Have a fantastic weekend and make sure to eat lots and have fun.