Since apple picking was just this past weekend – I wanted to share another really quick classic treat. The caramel apple! Now this recipe is dead easy and tastes so good. The flavours are endless with this treat but I chose just a quick simple method to tantalize your taste buds and bring everyone back to their childhood. After trying this recipe make sure you check out some other quick ways to enjoy your apples from my day at the apple orchard. Needless to say – we made a few caramel apples… as you can tell by the picture below.
- 6 apples
- 1 (14 ounce) package individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 Cup Peanuts
- Insert a craft stick in the center of the apple to allow you to dip and roll the apple when needed. Butter a baking sheet.
- Place caramels and milk in a sauce pot and melt over low to medium heat, and stirring regularly. Allow to cool briefly.
- Roll each apple quickly in caramel sauce until well coated. After a few minutes – Roll in your favorite topping while the caramel is still warm. As you can see here – I went with the classic crushed peanuts. Place on prepared sheet to set.
- I sliced the apple in two to try and get fancy with the pictures. These little treats were oh so yummy.
But before you leave and go to another favorite… tell me what you like to dip your caramel apples in or if you prefer them just plain. I am always excited to hear new ideas…
Thanks everyone and have a great day.