Ummm Hello… is this thing on? Yay!
If you give zesty a mussel… you just might get this.
Action packed and full of flavor, I am confident these mussels will make you smile. Not to mention the warm crunchy bread to dip into the broth and sop up all the buttery flavor. It is 7:00am and I am pretty sure I could polish off a bowl of these as if it were cereal.
Does anyone eat cereal anymore? Ha, joking. Well, maybe. Anyway, if you are trying to impress anyone over the holidays, you may want to try this as an opening appetizer. They are dead easy and fool proof. They are done when the mussels open up.
Ingredients ( Based on 4 lbs of Mussels )
- 1/4 lb Butter
- 2 Large Onion diced
- 1 head of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 Cups of grape tomatoes
- Fresh Cilantro ( for garnish)
- 3/4 Cup white wine
- 1 Bay leaf
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- In a large pot over medium heat add the butter and onion and begin to saute for 3 minutes.
- Once the onion is opaque throw the rest of the ingredients in the pot.
- Throw the lid on and let the mussels steam until they are cooked (open)
- Keep an eye on them. Serve them with some crusty bread so you can dip the bread in the broth!
Zesty Tip: If a mussel does not open in the pot, don’t bother wrestling with it to try and open it, just discard and stay safe.
If you show up at the zest house – I just might whip up a batch of these mussels.
Have an awesome Wednesday! Talk to you on Friday.