Let me start out by saying that we have been some seeing technical difficulties with both the rss feed of the blog and the speed in which the page loads. We think we got all the problems addressed but if you continue to lack posts in your email or Google reader – I want to hear about it. Deal?
OK moving on….
Wanna know something else I love? Chips. Chips of any kind, any type, any shape with dip or without – it doesn’t matter. I am a CHIP Lover/Addict. Today i want to share with you a fun little recipe that was well received at a recent House gathering. These are simple pita chips with a couple of twists. Super easy to make and very fun to eat… CCCCRUNCH!
- 3 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 3/4 Tsp. Ground cumin
- 1/4 Tsp. Ground red pepper
- 5 Large whole wheat or white pitas with pockets
- 1/2 Cup coarsely grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In cup, with fork, mix oil, cumin, and ground red pepper.
- With knife or kitchen shears, cut each pita in half. Brush 1 side of pita halves with oil mixture. Cut each half into 8 wedges.
- Arrange wedges, oiled-side up, in non greased sheet pans.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan, and salt if you like.
- Place pans on oven racks and bake crisps 12 to 15 minutes or until golden, rotating pans from upper to lower racks halfway through baking for even browning.
- Cool chips in pans on wire racks.
- Dip with your favorite Hummus or Bean Dip
Zesty Tip: If there are any leftovers, store chips in tightly covered container or large self-sealing plastic bag up to 1 week. They will stay crunchy – I tested out 2 batches!
The cumin flavored combined with the slight heat of the red pepper was a fantastic combination. I feel the simple oil mixture elevated a somewhat boring piece of Pita Bread into an exciting bite for the guests.
Kick start your weekend with a super day today. Let’s see if we can do something fun. Have a great weekend.