Last week I was sent a copy of Jamie Oliver’s latest book – Jamie Oliver’s Great Britain.
I’m sure many of you who watch the Food Network are familiar with Jamie Oliver. Not only has he hosted his own cooking shows, The Naked Chef and Jamie At Home, he also has made it a mission to help ensure that children get a healthy lunch while at school. Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution really opened eyes and showed how desperately school lunches need to be altered.
Before we start, let me just open up that I was likely a little bias out of the gates. I have a lot of respect for Jamie and the work he has pushed through both in print and on TV. I think he is a great role model and is the real deal.
This is a book for a cook or an inspiring cook. Loaded with pictures for every single recipe , and shots of people and landscapes. Stories, blurbs, and quotes fill the pages. It’s a cookbook you actually read, as opposed to a reference. The book contains 130 of Jamie’s favorite British recipes including comfort food and new classics. This book has amazing color photos of the finished recipe presentations. In many instances a brief history of the dish’s origin is included. The recipes are authentic traditional British fare and are splendidly prepared with exacting instructions. A must have for any serious chef’s library.
I have not yet had a chance to make anything from this book but I can indeed tell you this. This is not just a regular cookbook with ingredients recipes and a couple of pictures. This is chalked full of stories histories and insights with every page. If you are in to this kind of stuff – you will LOVE this book.
Where to find more information
Do you want to win a copy?
Of course you do. It is very simple and you can play along for 5 days in hopes that you are going to win one of these beauties. Follow below for the the different ways you can enter.
Now onto the details
I wanted to create a little more excitement on how to enter into this contest instead of just the traditional – sign up thru RSS. I have come up with a number of ways you can enter into this contest in hope of winning a copy of “Jamie Oliver’s Great Britain”. The different ways are listed below.
How To Enter:
- Become a new email subscriber and automatically get an entry on draw date. Note that only verified subscribers count (you will receive a verification email). (+1 entry)
- Leave a comment listing your “FAVORITE” Cookbook. (+1 entry)
- Post on your “FACEBOOK” page.
- Tweet about the giveaway and include @zestycook and the link to the giveaway in the tweet. (+1 entry)
- Earn an extra chance to win by linking back to this post on your own blog (if you have one). (+1 entry) (please email me if you link back)
- Please only 1 comment entry / person (please enter a valid email address). Your email will be kept private and never given/sold to third parties.
- The winners ( open to US and Canadian Residents only) will receive 1 Copy of Jamie Oliver’s Great Britain.
So let me know what you think and tell me your favorite cookbook in the comments below! A random generator will be used to pick the winner. Contest will end at 5pm EST October 26th, 2012.
Now I hope you have a great start to the week and get really excited about the giveaway. Tell all your friends and have fun doing it. I will be keeping tabs and dropping reminder hints over the next week or so to enter but until then have a fantastic Monday.