Hello all, happy Wednesday. So it seems that it’s turning out to be yet another crazy week. There is a lot going on and not enough time in the day to get everything done. However, Zesty is surviving and back with another super simple dish that can be ready in no time flat and is packed with flavour. If you haven’t noticed already, I am a big fan of deep flavour in my food and this Asian inspired number is just that.
Sometimes you feel like a salad, sometimes you do not want to see a green leafy vegetable for miles. Moderation is the key.
So next time you have a hankering for a salad, I suggest you give this a try.
- 150 g Japanese noodles or Chinese
- 6 Cups Mixed Greens
- 2 Cloves garlic; crushed
- 1 Red pepper; deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 4 tsp. Rice vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. Coconut Milk
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh root ginger grated
- 2 Tbsp. Soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Sesame seeds toasted (1oz)
- 2 tsp Sunflower oil
- 1 Lb. Prawns
- Place the cooked drained noodles in a salad dish and chill.
- In a small bowl add the the rice vinegar and soy sauce. Leave for 10 minutes.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a wok and add the crushed garlic,stir fry for 1-2minutes and add the red pepper.
- Add Prawns to the hot pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Add coconut MIlk and allow to thicken.Then cool slightly.
- Combine the vegetables with the noodles and add the rice vinegar and soy sauce directly to noodles.
- Take the grated ginger and holding in one hand squeeze the juice over the salad and discard the pulp.
- Chill for 30 minutes before serving.
- Toss with mixed greens.
Delicious served as a light lunch or as part of an asian meal.
Zesty Tip: When dressing a salad, place the dressing in the bottom of the bowl and the greens on top of them and gently toss with a pair of tongs just before serving. This will prevent damaging the greens.
I hope everyone has a great Wednesay… looking forward to hearing everyone’s take on- ” Zesty goes Asian“.